Yesterday was Independence Day. I really didn’t care about
it. I was just relieved that there will be no work and I was just so happy that I get to have a breather from all the happening last Monday. It will just be a day to get away from all the worries and a time for me to spend with my two adorable puppies and of course Soju. Only today did I realize the importance of
freedom when I saw my friend’s Facebook status expressing her joy in becoming
free from her current employer. And I thought…. Hmmm… Why didn’t I see it that way?
Independence has different meanings and situations for each
person. Yesterday was the Philippine’s Independence in having our country
freed. But Independence shouldn’t only be celebrated on June 12 every year! It
should be celebrated any time!!! It should be celebrated when you’re coming out
of a bad relationship, being emancipated from your parents, or being free from an employer.
I realized that I too should be grateful. Independence is being thankful for the freedom that you gain
and being grateful for the horrible things that happened in the past. I should be letting go of all the hang ups and the consequences that freedom will bring. After all, we wouldn’t be valuing Freedom if we didn’t experience hardships, slavery and injustice.And independence is truly PRICELESS. Compared to what our ancestors gave up for theirs, my sacrifice is nothing.
In my case, I will celebrate my Independence Day very soon!
(Better late than never). I hope that everyone will have the courage to chase after their freedom too no matter what the cost. After a very long journey, I have chased my Liberty. When will you?

No comments:
Post a Comment